Kids on the Pitch – Bursary
BDA Scholarship Educational Bursary
ELIGIBILITY: To “full time” BDA-Blizzard members only
AGES: 6 – 17 YEARS OF AGE (MALE & FEMALE PLAYERS)
PURPOSE: Give opportunities to any student-athlete soccer player time to focus on their education and school without financial hardship, while playing the sport they love; soccer
A must first step: Applicants should first apply to outside financial assistance first. Examples include:
- Athlete must be enrolled “full time” in program.
- Family must qualify for Jumpstart and or KidSport.
- Educationally maintain a 3.5 GPA each & every semester & year
- Under a 3.0 GPA will place you not only “on Probation” but you will no longer be able to train or be part of program until your GPA raises above 3.5
- Student – athlete must maintain a minimum 3.0 – 3.5 GPA or above – on probation and must get tutoring assistance to increase respective grades
- No “expulsions” from school
- Has submitted the completed Application Form with Proof of acceptance in either “JumpStart” or “KidSport”
IN RETURN: player must assist in coaching & mentoring younger players in Club (part of community hours)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Check back here soon!
AMOUNT OF BURSARY: Up to the maximum amount of the annual Registration